South Florida Emergency Care Services at Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Around-the-Clock Emergency Care for South Florida
- Easy – Less than a minute to complete
- Convenient – Wait at home, not the waiting room
- Fast – Be seen within approximately 15 minutes
Call 9-1-1 for any life-threatening emergency, a heart attack or signs of a stroke.
For any of these, call 9-1-1 and go to MY ER now:
- Bone breaks
- Coughing or throwing up blood
- Dizziness that doesn’t go away
- Drug overdose or poisoning
- Heavy bleeding/deep wound
- Pain in the arm or jaw
- Serious pain anywhere in the body
- Severe chest pain or pressure
- Smoke or poisonous fume inhalation
- Sudden inability to speak, see, walk or move
- Sudden weakness or drooping on one side of your body
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
- Throwing up or diarrhea that doesn’t stop
- Unusual or severe headache
For minor medical emergencies, Memorial Hospital Pembroke’s Urgent Care Center at is open 24 hours a day.
When you say Memorial Hospital Pembroke “MY ER,” your ER:
- Offers prompt care from board-certified emergency care physicians and specially trained emergency nurses
- Is recognized for superior stroke care, with expertise to minimize the debilitating effects of a stroke
- Earns 91% patient satisfaction ratings
- Has served the Pembroke community for more than 20 years
With Memorial Hospital Pembroke healthcare, you can expect personal attention and high-quality emergency care. Our Emergency Department is fully staffed, 24 hours a day, by physicians who are board certified in emergency care medicine along with nurses that have obtained specialized emergency care training.
What Happens When I Get to the Emergency Room?
The Memorial Hospital Pembroke ER Super Track is designed to provide fast care for patients with minor injuries or illnesses. Super Track is available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week, and usually gets you in and out in less than an hour.
Triage is the process through which your MY ER team will sign you into our advanced computer system and ask you specific questions about your injury or illness.
Our registration team, working with our registered nurses and your emergency technicians or paramedics, will help you complete this process. Triage may take a bit longer as the Emergency Department becomes busier. We appreciate your patience in times of high volume.
When Will I Be Seen?
All of our patients are important, but please understand that they are treated according to their medical needs — and not always in the order of their arrival at the Emergency Department. Our qualified RNs review all patients to determine those who may need treatment more quickly than others. Based on the severity of their symptoms and any potential life-threatening conditions, patients who sign in after you may actually be seen first.
Typically, MY ER is much busier in the afternoons and evenings. But no matter when you visit us, we will work hard to provide you with outstanding care in a timely manner.
When Can I Go Home?
Following your treatment, Memorial Hospital Pembroke’s Emergency Department will either discharge you or admit you to the hospital for further care.
Discharge – After your care is completed, your physician has reviewed your healthcare information and your condition has stabilized, you may be discharged to home. This process involves providing instructions specific to your diagnosis, the prescription medications the doctor gives you, and any follow-up information you’ll need after you get home.
Admission to the Hospital – Your emergency doctor may decide your condition will be better served by admitting you to our hospital, either for treatment or for further observation. Since MY ER is attached to our hospital, you won’t have drive or take an ambulance to another facility to be admitted. If you need to stay with us, we will:
- Contact your primary care physician or the physician who is on call according to your insurance plan
- Obtain a set of admission orders specific to your injury or illness
- Identify the appropriate unit that will best serve your needs
- Transport you to a room when a bed becomes available
Make MY ER your ER. Choose Memorial Hospital Pembroke when you or your family needs emergency medical care.